Frequently Asked Questions
First, you are notified immediately. Secondly, information on both parties involved would be exchanged, a police report will be attained, and the cost of the repairs would be covered under the owner’s insurance deductible. If the accident is caused by our driver leading to an insurance claim, Car Driveaway would gladly reimburse the owner up to $500 towards the policies deductable. To date, Car Driveaway has never had an accident, and we are very proud of it.
Driveaway service provides you with a skilled driver to have your vehicle driven from your point of origin to whatever your final destination will be. Whereas traditional haulers place your vehicle in a trailer to have your car transported by a truck, driveaway services actually drive your vehicle. Driveaway auto services tend to deliver your vehicle in less time than a traditional hauler
Absolutely not, Car Driveaway does not allow it.
If you are new to Car Driveaway you may not be aware that your vehicles insurance has the coverage required for another driver to drive your car with your permission. The third-party liability part of your policy and is required by law. In the unlikely event of an insurance claim caused by your driver, Car Driveaway would cover the deductible.
Yes, up to 26 feet in length, with optional tow package for vehicle. We recommend Penske with diesel fuel.
Car Driveaway utilizes FuelEconomy.gov for everyday vehicles. Approximately 8 MPG for smaller U-Hauls, 5 mpg for 26 foot trucks towing a vehicle.
As a long-distance driving service, it is safe to assume approximately 14 hours per day of driving per day. In typical conditions, driving cross country, a trip from New York to Los Angeles can be driven in approximately 60 total hours.
The cost of driving a car across the country varies depending on what time of year the vehicle needs to be moved, the cost of flights at the time, the cost of ground transportation, and other key factors. We take all these various factors into consideration to provide each customer with a customized quote pertaining to their needs. At Car Driveaway, we take careful consideration and time into researching costs and deciding a quote, they can sometimes take up to 24 hours to process and return to you.
Yes, but each car will be driven separately to its final location.
Generally, transportations are scheduled weeks before the date of departure, but, on occasion we are able to arrange for a vehicle to be transported on the same day, sometimes even hours.
Yes, Car Driveaway will drive pets, but we have to receive some information about the animal before we can arrange a drive.
Yes, within safety standards
When it comes to long distance moving, it is importance to consider how much you’re willing to pay, and how convenient you need it to be. Make sure you take location into consideration and select a service that is located near where your pick-up and delivery locations are. Neither company is easier or more difficult to work with, from the driver’s standpoint. We also recommend looking into Ryder and Budget moving trucks, which are additional providers.
Cost is a major consideration when choosing a moving truck provider. While Car Driveaway has no preference of one over the other, convenience can play a major factor, as not all providers can service all areas. Additional considerations are Ryder truck rental and Penske truck rentals.
Yes, Car Driveaway can support all of your moving needs.
Of course. Car Driveaway can deliver your U-Haul rental, or just about any other vehicle on the road.
During peak season, there are times when we cannot service all customers in need. During those times, typically in the spring, we will forward your request to a service provider www.DriveCarToFlorida.com who can provide a quality service for you. At that point, you would work directly with that service provider. Drive Car To Florida is a premiere auto driveaway service.
1. Always fuel up before your gas tank goes below a quarter-tank, because gas stations become more and more scarce in certain parts of the country.
2. Purchase a lubricating eye drop to help keep your eyes hydrated and alert for long drives. Driving long distance can be grueling and may strain your eyes, so use a few drops in your eyes when you stop to fill your tank with gas.
3. Keep the windshield clean and clear of bugs and debris. Some parts of the country are prone to insects and bugs, which can hinder visibility as they start to gather on your window. Keep your windshield clean by utilizing windshield cleaning supplies as you stop at gas stations.
4. Monitor the weather. When driving long distance, you will discover that there are often multiple routes and highways to get to the same location. Make sure you consider what the weather forecast will be as you decide which highways and roads you want to take.
5. Avoid sudden movements to stop yourself from hitting a small animal. Granted, this sounds cruel, but when driving long distances, it is important to realize that your reaction time is not what it usually is. The same goes for other drivers on the same, interstate highways. It can be dangerous to swerve to avoid a small animal when driver’s reactions are delayed.
6. Monitor city routes. When driving long distances, try to keep away from downtown city routes and use the highway loops that are offered in many cities to help you avoid these areas.